Club 1kjho
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club 1kjho's goal is to be the community driven Monster hunter content.

HomeSearchLatest imagesVideoRegisterLog inFacebook

Welcome to the new Club 1kjho! A site built on monster hunter, a community built on gaming.
The Site is Currently in the middle of a few changes, a full explanation Will come once everything is finished!
Latest topics
» Anime Watch list
Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. Emptyby Anubis Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:18 am

» The Club1kjho Disord Server
Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. Emptyby Valin000 Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:41 pm

» We ready for Generations?
Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. Emptyby Anubis Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:18 am

» Monster Hunter Generations Bow review
Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. Emptyby Valin000 Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:52 pm

» Club1kjho Community shirts comming soon #Freefor the first week
Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. Emptyby Valin000 Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:00 pm

Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lostsoldier20
Raithian Hunter
Raithian Hunter

Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 4:06 pm

I will probably be doing some hunting around 6PM EST, provided nothing pops up. I'm still only in 1* Guild, since I'm attempting to balance Offline and Online, but I'd be willing to do 2* so turns can be taken.

Post some stuffs if you wanna join and I'll get a spot open.
Back to top Go down
Valin000
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 4:37 pm

Yea, ill be online today and tomorrow for most of the day being online, I got my bow, and will snipe everyones problems away.
Back to top Go down
https://club1kjho.forumotion.net
Rangeth
Wyvern Hunter
Wyvern Hunter
Rangeth

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 8:12 pm

I'm up for some hunting if you're still online. I've reached 4* online, but I'm more than happy to bash around any monsters you need.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 8:26 am

I've managed to cram the vast majority of my homework for the weekend over the course of yesterday and...this morning. I should have a decent chunk of time to hunt during what is left of this weekend. I actually have my internet connection for my 3DS sorted out this semester, without a timer or unstable wi-fi...so far.

So...
How does everyone like that zone 7 in Ancestral Steppe?
Back to top Go down
Rangeth
Wyvern Hunter
Wyvern Hunter
Rangeth

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 9:37 am

I actually did the same with my college work, just so I could free up some hunting time this weekend.

Zone 7 is pretty cool, a bit of a pain going up however, especially with the bugs dropping on you. But other than that, I love the fact that it is a set of giant leaps, it makes mounting the monsters a lot easier.
Back to top Go down
Lostsoldier20
Raithian Hunter
Raithian Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 11:54 am

Area 7 oh Area ... So much worse when an enemy escapes to the nest area, and you have to climb from the bottom, all the way to the top. Fun stuff.

Meanwhile, I'll be mostly doing offline stuff today, but if you really really wanna play with me, I'll be in the Chatbox
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 7:28 pm

Cool. Like I said before, I don't intend to get ~ahead~ using online, and I'll still be focusing on offline progression first, but getting monsters I've already hunted and lower-level quests out of the way online would be kind of nice. But meh...

Right now I face an awkward dilemma of sorts - I wanted to make that wicked [Sharp+1, Speed Sharpening] set before I went online, but farming Najarala for chilling beaks is getting tedious offline. Ah well - at least I have most of what I need from Gore Magala now. I've farmed Gore enough times that I just need one more shell and I can make the two armor pieces I need for the aforementioned set and the GS. Not sure if it's worth the effort though. I may just put farming Najarala and Gore Magala aside for now and continue seeing how far I can get through low rank with the same armor I've been using all this time. Kinda getting tired of looking at it though, although at least it matches my GS well.

On a sidenote - to speak of the craziness of GS progression in MH4U...I noticed that Hidden Blade, of all things, showed up in my GS forge options. Blue Sharpness (White w/ Sharp+1), 576 displayed raw, 35% affinity, and 2 weapon slots...would make it incredible at this point. Technically, it's slightly better than the Gore Magala GS, and similarly-powered options. Of course, it also suffers from the same problem most of the ~good~ GS options in low-rank do...it's on a dead-end path that is borderline worthless by endgame and looks like it might be effective for only a few hours or so after I make it. This progression is so annoying. On the optimization side of things, I should almost definitely make Hidden Blade, and/or Brazenwall for a little extra power. However, both of those weapons might have very short-lived use and aren't huge improvements over what I'm using, or the alternatives that are roughly just as effective, and easier to make.

Heh...maybe I should just put it all aside, and blitz LR with the sole goal of making it to HR with minimal progression of any kind...armor or weapons, and just get LR out of the way.
Back to top Go down
Rangeth
Wyvern Hunter
Wyvern Hunter
Rangeth

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 7:44 pm

I've been doing the same, my prime focus is on completing my way through offline before really getting started on online, other than maybe collecting a few food upgrades. Low rank in this game seems a little easy to be honest, especially online.

Najarala is a pain when it comes to those beaks. I wanted to get that same armor set up, but after far too many hunts I just gave up and moved on. As cool as it is, any armor set can get you through Low Rank fairly easily. But if you want to hunt them online, I'd be happy to help kill both Gore and Najarala.

Personally, when it comes to weapons I don't really worry about upgrading all that often, every few ranks seems to do the trick on keeping your attack up to par. I really wouldn't worry too much about how quickly a weapon becomes outdated because, in the end it really doesn't amount to much if your attack isn't as high as it can be. I tend towards the easy to make weapons, because they're really not much worse and the ease to make them means you don't need to waste much time.

I thought about doing that myself, but I decided I'm going to take this game at a slower pace than 3U. I've reached high Rank online, but not done much yet.
Back to top Go down
Valin000
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 9:32 pm

I think the scaling is better tbh, hr 3 stuff online is still on par with hr5 offline, unlike old versions where h1 1, could take you endgame offline
Back to top Go down
https://club1kjho.forumotion.net
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 8:44 am

Well, progress in MH4U has been interesting so far. I've put 33 hours into the game. Up to 6* quests. I did go ahead and make the [Sharp+1, Speed Sharpener] set and Schattenstolz, although I should note that technically speaking, using my Red Wing would be better. Heh - I didn't even realize Red Wing gets to blue sharpness with Sharp+1 - I kinda figured it would be stuck at green sharpness like several other low rank GS options.

Anyway, I've spent most of the past couple of days doing required 5* quests and farming Najarala and Gore Magala 8 and 4 times respectively for all the mats needed to make my current armorset and Schattenstolz. However, I didn't actually make the set until I got to the urgent - completed everything required up to that point in the default starting armor. I decided that I wanted to go ahead and make at least that one armor set as a memento of low rank, if nothing else.

About that urgent:

Anyways, progress be progressin.

As for Ancestral Steppe Zone 7...I have a major love/hate relationship with that zone. I love the overall design, and the ultra-high multi-layered terrain makes for some epic jump attacks...when they work. And unfortunately, that is pretty much where the love ends and the hate begins, because pretty much all of my worst moments and most ridiculous karts in MH4U have occurred in that one zone. Surprisingly Konchu is not a major problem, but I have been screwed over a few times by Bnahabra...somehow they don't bother me anywhere else in MH4U really, and when they do, it's generally a damage-only non-status sting that barely does anything at all. But it's like they are best friends with Gore Magala. Meanwhile, you would think fighting Gore Magala in zone 7 would be fun because of all the opportunities for epic aerial attacks, but so far it's just been a major downer. Thankfully, I did manage to kill Gore before it could even get to zone 7 a couple of times, but those other times...between the massive field attacks magically going through the terrain, the awkward camera movement/angles, the palicos making it go all over the place, the bnahabra, and the jump attacks just not being quite as reliable/viable as they'd need to be for someone wearing the game's beginner armor to safely get away with...yeah...haven't really had a chance to feel the love for zone 7, as much as I'd like to.

So meh. That's it so far.
At least I've gotten fairly decent at fighting Najarala. I'm actually starting to enjoy the fight quite a bit. The first couple of times I fought it, I did not quite realize just how open its head is during many of its movements/attacks. Heh - I spent so much time trying to trip it/break its tail during those first couple of hunts...

And I think I'll leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Lostsoldier20
Raithian Hunter
Raithian Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 11:21 am

Alright, as of my 4th Gore kill, I am ready to return to online and do all of HR 2. I learned that using a horn for Gore is a bad idea solo, and the start of his horn really does suck. But looks amazing.

When I am ready, I will post an update when I will jump on for HR2ing.
Back to top Go down
afaintsoul
Fresh Blooded Hunter
Fresh Blooded Hunter
afaintsoul

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 5:23 pm

We can jump you to G rank =D
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/afaintsoul
Lostsoldier20
Raithian Hunter
Raithian Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 6:27 pm

lol, I appreciate the offer... but not how I play. I'm getting to HR 3 then going back to village.
Back to top Go down
Lostsoldier20
Raithian Hunter
Raithian Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 8:06 pm

Also, I finally finished my homework I was surprised with after I posted my original message. So hunt! Hunt! Hunt!
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 12:29 am

Lol - I still haven't done anything online - except sign on briefly to watch Valin demonstrate some stuff with the bow so I could see what was what.

Heh - being jumped to G-rank always sounds tempting, but with as many unfamiliar monsters as there are in MH4U, I'll be ~toughing it out~ too. Well, sort of. I guess really toughing it out would be soloing MH4U with a weapon class I've never used before.

Meanwhile - as for my own progress - I haven't got much done at all because of the sheer amount of homework this weekend, although I have managed to get in a little hunting. Major highlights of my progress are as follows:

I guess don't read this if you don't want to know anything about low rank and high rank quests?:
Back to top Go down
Lostsoldier20
Raithian Hunter
Raithian Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 12:51 am

Get back on chat!... You're probably gone.

But yeah, no. I could never do that. Again, lemme reiterate, HR 8 > 125. And being I seem to really suck at HH now or it is really hard to use compared to 3U (Najarala says hi) I am probably dropping it to go back to GS...

But, managed to get my Gore Urgent after some Feris guy came in, mooched an HR up off our group, then left. Just need Congalala and dual Khezu, I think. Then Gore and I'm HR 3 and back to single player.

More gameplay tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 1:12 am

Lol - I am back on chat, on the off chance that you see this.

In any case - w00t - Executioner. I was getting tired of Red Pincer, even though it's by no means a terrible weapon. Right now I think I'll power on ahead in the story and see how far I can get away with LR armor. Heh - I wonder if High Rank will be like LR, with me not really feeling the ~need~ to make a new set until I'm almost done with it...

MH4U seems all over the place in terms of quest progression. It feels like there is a lot more to do than previous MH titles in early game. I remember blitzing through MH3U in a fairly quick manner and not really looking back or thinking I missed anything, but MH4U constantly gives me these little nagging ~you missed something~ moments.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 10:20 pm

Double-post to keep thread alive.

Progress in MH4U is going alright so far. I'm at what seems to be the threshold for getting to 10* caravan.
Late 9*:

Meanwhile, after all this time dragging around my LR armorset (The [Sharpness+1, Speed Sharpening] Gore/Ceanataur mix) that became more or less useless as soon as I made Cheda Blade (because white/white and self-sharpening mechanic)...I finally decided to make myself some HR armor. That is, an actual set. After I farmed Seregios and made my Cheda Blade, I started out by trying to ~preserve~ my skillset incase I wanted to use a different weapon. Swapped in a Velociprey S Mail and Seltas S Faulds and also threw in a Skull Visage. At the time, I was too lazy to make HR legs or arms, so I just left it at that. Got quickly tired of it, and it also kept on nagging at me how useless [Sharpness+1, Speed Sharpening] were with Cheda.

So, I checked out Athena's ASS for the likes of CD, QS, Focus. Saw plenty of possible sets, but most of them either required low rank parts, which sorta defeated the purpose of me bothering making a HR loadout - or they required tons of gems and/or armor pieces that seemed like they were more trouble/grinding than they were worth tbh.

So - long story short~ish on that, I decided to completely ignore the search/automated armor building methods and go straight for good old-fashioned convenience crafting. That is, my new armor set was basically thrown together with the top choices I saw available for forging at the armory with little/no additional grinding. Turns out that I had enough leftover monoblos mats just from previously farming it to make Executioner to also make the Mail and Vambraces, so I went ahead and did that. I was also able to make Tetsucabra Greaves S, which I used to replace my Ura Greaves for that Torso Up and better defense (and also, they actually go pretty well with the aesthetic of my new set, whereas they would have looked awful with the previous set). Since I also made Black Leather Chaps from the recent DLC event and Monoblos has potential, I also threw together my ~new~ set as a makeshift Adrenaline+2 set. Slapped on some charger jewels that I had made previously but never got around to using, and w00t - managed to get Focus. Today I also decided to go ahead and make the Monoblos Coil S, because consistency of aesthetic and Adrenaline+1 without BLP.

So, currently my HR sets are:
[AuM, Adrenaline+1, Focus]
[AuS, Adrenaline+2, Focus]

And both sets are gemmed similarly, basically just Skull Visage, Monoblos S Mail, Vambraces, and Coil, with the only difference being Tetsu S or BLP for the legs. 3-slot talisman and 1 slot on Cheda though, with all slots used, but I still think it's decent for a haphazardly-thrown-together convenience set. Heh - kinda makes me feel like I'm doing some weird Nuzlocke run of MH4U. Blitz quests, only farm monsters to upgrade weapons, and only make the armor and gems available with the leftovers.

Heh...I think I could probably make a set with [AuL, Focus] or perhaps even [AuL, Adren+1, Focus] and/or at least get that second set up to [AuM, Adren+2, Focus] if I had access to the better Attack and/or Focus gems, but sadly it looks like I'd need to be in gathering hall's high rank to make those...either that or 10* caravan.

And lulzy derp of the day yesterday was:
Failed my first quest testing out my Adren+2 set.
Yeah...forgot I was doing the capture quest until the giant ~Quest Failed~ appeared right as I was in the middle of an Adrenaline-fueled GS charge chain. Facepalmed. Not a single kart in the process though, so that's an encouraging sign.

On a sidenote - the Force Wystone is insane in the membrane. Frenzied Seltas Queen got wrecked.
Back to top Go down
Lostsoldier20
Raithian Hunter
Raithian Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 7:41 pm

Kinda hard to keep a topic alive when the TC is gone from the interwebz due to way too much work. Most I've done is be forced to essentially carry my one friend in HR 1 and 2. And then forcibly telling him to go play the offline quests. He didn't even have Wycoon and was HR3. But now with a break, I'm gonna get back to progress, and hopefully online.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 12:44 am

Lol...every time. Every time...despite all the threads on gamefaqs about the terrors of people who jumped straight online...I still underestimate how many people are out there getting completely spoiled by the online experience, all the while missing some of the most basic or otherwise valuable parts of the game for it. That, and the gathering hall quest list is crazy - pretty much hands tons of straightforward farming and progression to you on a platter. Pretty much no planning or economy in progression needed. Not like the caravan where you may or may not even have access to the monster you need to upgrade your weapon or make a better weapon in a timely manner.

On the flipside, I hear people pretty much get auto-kicked in late game for not having wystones, so there's that.
Back to top Go down
Lostsoldier20
Raithian Hunter
Raithian Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 10:27 am

Well, makes sense considering the frenzy is a big thing. Without wystones, you can do what, only half of the quests? Less?

But meh, people will do what they wish. Which is why I still continue my progress as I've done, by not rushing anything.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 3:47 pm

Well, strictly speaking, even Apex monsters aren't entirely impossible without Wystones. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point we see some wystone-less challenge runs of endgame frenzied/apex monsters. But yeah, hunting Apex monsters without the Drive wystone would be a lot of self-inflicted artificialdifficultlybs, as it were, and fighting frenzied/apex monsters without wystones in general is yeah...basically just an arbitrary challenge, and most likely an enormous liability in multiplayer. On the flipside, using the Force wystone against some monsters has made some fights seem like being frenzied is more of a liability for monsters than an advantage...1.2x damage multiplier? **** it, be infected and stay frenzied for all I care. That said, there are some monsters that I'd rather just knock out of frenzy for a while if possible - an obvious one being Brachydios.
Back to top Go down
Lostsoldier20
Raithian Hunter
Raithian Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 3:52 pm

I'm just glad I was able to convince my friend he wasn't ready for the Twin Frenzy Los event, since he didn't even have Wycoon yet. I could tell it wouldn't end well without either of us having Wystones. Meanwhile, I thought it was impossible to do so because without any stone in place, they were invincible. I didn't pay too much attention to the info when I read it though, as I figured I'd learn when I got there myself.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 4:26 pm

Well, I'm pretty sure the rathalos in the event quest are just run-of-the-mill frenzied los. You could probably get by without wystones, you'd just be dealing less damage/taking more damage and be unable to knock them out of frenzy...but it's not like there aren't already fights like that in the game.

The main reason people say you ~need~ wystones is because the Apex monsters basically have a gimmick aura made of frenzy virus and hate that deflects all attacks except to one or two ~weak spots~, and even then, I hear that it buffers against a lot of the damage they would otherwise take. Meanwhile, the Drive Wystone basically gives super-ESP to combat precisely that effect, making it the anti-gimmick gimmick. That said, I felt like I was doing ~alright~ with just the Force wystone, although I did appreciate the pierce effect (and chance to alternate wystones) when I got to try out the (prototype) Drive.
Back to top Go down
Lostsoldier20
Raithian Hunter
Raithian Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 2:59 pm

Well, I never did it with the finale of LR, but I shall post for the HRing!

So, who wants to hunt?

Edit: I managed to get to HR5 today... Wow. Fastest bit of progress ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.   Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunting Stuff is a Thing I Do.
Page 1 of 1