Club 1kjho
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club 1kjho's goal is to be the community driven Monster hunter content.

HomeSearchLatest imagesVideoRegisterLog inFacebook

Welcome to the new Club 1kjho! A site built on monster hunter, a community built on gaming.
The Site is Currently in the middle of a few changes, a full explanation Will come once everything is finished!
Latest topics
» Anime Watch list
Gaming General (Special Limited Deluxe Digital Edition) - Page 4 Emptyby Anubis Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:18 am

» The Club1kjho Disord Server
Gaming General (Special Limited Deluxe Digital Edition) - Page 4 Emptyby Valin000 Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:41 pm

» We ready for Generations?
Gaming General (Special Limited Deluxe Digital Edition) - Page 4 Emptyby Anubis Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:18 am

» Monster Hunter Generations Bow review
Gaming General (Special Limited Deluxe Digital Edition) - Page 4 Emptyby Valin000 Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:52 pm

» Club1kjho Community shirts comming soon #Freefor the first week
Gaming General (Special Limited Deluxe Digital Edition) - Page 4 Emptyby Valin000 Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:00 pm

Gaming General (Special Limited Deluxe Digital Edition)

Go down 
+4
Valin000
Ragnia
Lostsoldier20
Anubis
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

Gaming General (Special Limited Deluxe Digital Edition) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming General (Special Limited Deluxe Digital Edition)   Gaming General (Special Limited Deluxe Digital Edition) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 2:47 am

Lol - oh man, Amazon's Prime Day was so lame, at least for gamers. For the most part, the event seemed like a clearance sale - the item selection was basically an assortment of items most people probably wouldn't care about and items that were technically good deals in the sense that they are so overpriced normally that they probably still have a lot of overstock to get rid of. Meanwhile, the worst thing about Amazon's Prime Day, by my reckoning, was the laughable lack of all-day reduced prices...the ~prime-exclusive deals~ section was completely empty for the PC & Video Games category. In other words, if you were looking to score some videogames, it all came down to the lightning deals...some of which were alright, but nothing too spectacular.

Probably the most noteworthy things I saw were:
*The Order 1886 Collector's Edition at $20 ($60 normally)
*Destiny Limited Edition at $40 ($100 normally)
*Bloodborne at $30
*Special PS4 Bundle: 500 GB PS4 & Batman Arkham Knight (Physical) bundle + The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Physical) + 1-year PS+ subscription code.

Heh, I was pretty tempted to get that CE of The Order 1886 for $20 even though I can't play it right now for obvious reasons. I suppose the Destiny LE for $40 is a great deal, but considering the costs of expansions/DLC, I think I'd be better off waiting for the vanilla to hit $10-$20, although tbh, at this stage I think vanilla Destiny would be best as a f2p/PS+ freebie, since they've basically set things up to get the price of a full game (or two, depending on how you value things) from the expansions alone.

And of course...that PS4 Bundle...pretty much the only impressive thing in the Prime Day sale. I almost bought it. Arkham Knight is hardly the worst game to have from a fixed console bundle, and the Witcher 3 is another fairly new top-shelf release, and of course the 1 year PS+ subscription is nothing to scoff at. The games can still reasonably be valued at $50~$60 each, and the PS+ subscription is a solid $40~$50 value, so the Prime Day Special PS4 Bundle arguably breaks down to $140~$170 ~extra~ value above the sale price ($400), so pretty much like getting a PS4 for about $250, give or take. All of that said, I talked myself out of getting the bundle. Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight may be great, but they aren't going anywhere and I don't really have enough time to put into them to justify a full-price purchase right now (especially with all of the new games I'll be playing between this month and the next), so I don't personally value either of those games above $30 or so, since that is more or less around the price I'd actually buy them individually (that, or pay $60 for Witcher 3 and just not play Arkham Knight at all for a good long time). Plus, PS+ subscription value does fluctuate a bit and come into play during other specials, so yeah...as far as I'm concerned, the Prime Day Special PS4 Bundle is at best about on par with the $330~$350 vanilla PS4 deals that pop up from time to time and other bundles around that value. It's also worth noting that this special just includes the Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight - unlike most PS4 bundles, it doesn't come with TLOUR, so there's also that to consider.
Back to top Go down
Ragnia
Hot-blood hunter
Hot-blood hunter
Ragnia

PostSubject: Re: Gaming General (Special Limited Deluxe Digital Edition)   Gaming General (Special Limited Deluxe Digital Edition) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 8:30 pm

Amazon's Prime Day in a nutshell

Gaming General (Special Limited Deluxe Digital Edition) - Page 4 RjGuKsG
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Gaming General (Special Limited Deluxe Digital Edition)   Gaming General (Special Limited Deluxe Digital Edition) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 7:42 am

Lol - pretty much Ragnia.

Meanwhile...so much gaming news since I last posted, I'm not sure I can even be bothered to highlight favorites. That said, I am working on updating my anticipated/buy-worthy games of 2015 list and keeping better track of noteworthy upcoming titles in general.

In more recent news-
**** yeah, Yoko Shimomura is on board to create a full arrangement of the original Legend of Mana soundtrack. All the yes. I've been trying to cut down on music purchases and related expenses, but that's the sort of thing I'd even shell out the cash to import if I have to.

And, as suspected over roughly the past week, Atlus and Vanillaware's ~new HD project~ is indeed Odin Sphere. Apparently it's going to be called Odin Sphere: Leifdrasir. Information seems a bit mixed. On one hand, it might ~just~ be a remaster/HD edition of vanilla Odin Sphere, on the other hand, word on the net is that they're going with the ~not just a port, but a remake~ story marketing-wise. Either way, I'm glad to hear it, and I'll probably preorder it as soon as it's localized even though I own Odin Sphere on PSN as a PS2 classic. If nothing else, this new version will be compatible with PS4/PS3/Vita, so w00t.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaming General (Special Limited Deluxe Digital Edition)   Gaming General (Special Limited Deluxe Digital Edition) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gaming General (Special Limited Deluxe Digital Edition)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4