Club 1kjho
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club 1kjho's goal is to be the community driven Monster hunter content.

HomeSearchLatest imagesVideoRegisterLog inFacebook

Welcome to the new Club 1kjho! A site built on monster hunter, a community built on gaming.
The Site is Currently in the middle of a few changes, a full explanation Will come once everything is finished!
Latest topics
» Anime Watch list
We ready for Generations? - Page 2 Emptyby Anubis Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:18 am

» The Club1kjho Disord Server
We ready for Generations? - Page 2 Emptyby Valin000 Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:41 pm

» We ready for Generations?
We ready for Generations? - Page 2 Emptyby Anubis Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:18 am

» Monster Hunter Generations Bow review
We ready for Generations? - Page 2 Emptyby Valin000 Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:52 pm

» Club1kjho Community shirts comming soon #Freefor the first week
We ready for Generations? - Page 2 Emptyby Valin000 Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:00 pm

We ready for Generations?

Go down 
+2
Lostsoldier20
Mr.Feanor
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Valin000
Admin
Admin

We ready for Generations? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We ready for Generations?   We ready for Generations? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 10:14 pm

Anu, what are your thoughts on mine that i posted in another thread, your thoughts tend to be good on this stuff
Back to top Go down
https://club1kjho.forumotion.net
Valin000
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: We ready for Generations?   We ready for Generations? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 10:38 pm

Also, here is a guy i mostly agree with....sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHc2Wj95htvNF6Q9iZV1vBgLGPyZy8Nh_

Generally id say follow him if you want good Style advice
Back to top Go down
Valin000
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: We ready for Generations?   We ready for Generations? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 11:18 am

going to put this out there also, it has been mentioned there will be no MHXG/U
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: We ready for Generations?   We ready for Generations? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 5:46 pm

Valin000 wrote:
Anu, what are your thoughts on mine that i posted in another thread, your thoughts tend to be good on this stuff

Other than the odd typo here and there, it looks like a pretty great and candid overview of bow styles in terms of content for now. I don't have enough firsthand experience with the bow to really evaluate it or what you have written myself beyond general principles. From what I have heard and read in other places, the community consensus seems to be that Guild and Adept styles are more or less the best for Bow, and I've even seen some people go so far as to dismiss the other two as complete jokes/novelties. So, it looks like you're right on the mark.

Beyond that, I still need to get a better idea of how everyone's styles are going to work in a team setting, even though I'm starting to get the gist of how weapons and styles are going to function in terms of individual use.

Valin000 wrote:
Also, here is a guy i mostly agree with....sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHc2Wj95htvNF6Q9iZV1vBgLGPyZy8Nh_

Generally id say follow him if you want good Style advice

Thanks. I'll check out some of his stuff when I get the chance. Seems like a decent channel at a glance. I watched his GS tutorial/workshop video in the playlist you've linked, and it doesn't tell me anything new since I've already had my hands on MHGen and familiarized myself with the basics of each style for GS, but it is a pretty solid overview that roughly captures some of my own general sentiments on styles. And yeah, that is more or less the kind of overview on weapons I'm looking from for other people, and it's a great video if I look at it as an introduction to the weapon for importers and people completely unfamiliar with the GS in general, which is probably exactly what that video is going by the date.

But yeah, pretty comprehensive and well-explained video, despite a few slight-but-significant issues. Heh, at around 6:30 in the GS video he says that the follow-up to the aerial charged attack is limited to the slap, with "no hidden strong charge or superswipe whatsoever." The aerial GS does have both the slap attack and the echo slash (strong slash/superswipe that copies the preceding charged attack's charge level) as follow-up options for the aerial charged attack. So, not only is it possible to do a full meteor smash (L3 + (Echo L3) Superswipe finisher) with Aerial GS - that is in fact pretty much the signature move that the whole style is based on as its foundation.

With all of that said, I'm pretty amused that he still picked Aerial style as his favorite for GS despite overlooking the fact that it does have access to a Superswipe finisher. It is tons of fun though.

Valin000 wrote:
going to put this out there also, it has been mentioned there will be no MHXG/U

Yeah, most of the news and details on the matter seem to be pretty consistent with the story that this game is a one-shot. It was always framed as an experimental entry in the franchise and a breath of fresh air that wouldn't necessarily follow the traditional pattern for MH games. I'm enjoying it quite a bit for what it is so far, and I don't even care about the lack of G-rank, especially since it will probably be balanced for that and provide a focused experience with just as much of a robust online/multiplayer as ever. Heh, and let's be honest, if this game did have a G-rank, it would probably just be bloated with subspecies and obnoxiously redundant filler quests, and in all likelihood there would be a few weapons with purple sharpness that just ruin the endgame weapon selection and balance.

On a sidenote, I really need to start taking a closer look at the new skills and mechanics. Heh, apparently there's a crit boost skill now that raises the damage multiplier from the usual 1.25 to 1.4. That's going to be fun. Speaking of critical hits...that is one thing that does sort of bug me about Aerial GS style. It's not a complete deal breaker, but since Aerial GS has no grounded charged attack and likewise cannot draw into a charge stance, you can't get the most out of Crit Draw with Aerial GS. On the flipside, there is the Airborne (Vault+10) skill, but according to the wiki, that's only a 1.1x damage multiplier. That's nothing to scoff at, but it's a far cry from 1.25x or a boosted 1.4x multiplier. Right now, I'm thinking Aerial style might be the GS style to capitalize on affinity and other damage multipliers.

Lol, now I'm really glad I've been thinking about ~heretic~ sets and non-Crit Draw tactics for as long as I have been. I'd love to go back to MH3U and pick up Merak's Asterism for an Aerial GS set.

Edit:
So, a huge oversight on my part, but it looks like the Aerial GS style does have charged draw attacks after all. Much of what I said still stands in principle - Aerial style is not necessarily the best for making the most of GS draw attacks, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be in that regard. These context-sensitive controls are really throwing me off. After playing around some more tonight, I quickly realized that the ~regular~ jumping attack can be drawn in mid-air and of course charged in aerial style. Furthermore, for some reason I had it in my head that the regular aerial dodge with the weapon sheathed couldn't be used to boost into the air, but I quickly cleared up that misconception tonight.

So yeah, long story short, no problem using Crit Draw with Aerial Style. You still have two ways to initiate a charged draw attack from the looks of it, even though Aerial style cannot draw into a charge stance and use any grounded charged attacks. Meanwhile, it looks like I need to get in the habit of rolling into enemies just for the sake of boosting off of them.

Last edited by Anubis on Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Valin000
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: We ready for Generations?   We ready for Generations? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 6:38 pm

Well, glad your back, Anubis, everyone else is more or less dead QQ. But yeah, oddly enough Striker style is only good for a VERY select few weapons like the Lance. The HH actually got buffed not nerfed, since it now supports a more aggressive play-style with aerial or Adept. Switch axe got more technical, but not as much as the gun-lance did, which got a nerf to damage unless played a certain way, which i never did. Long sword is back to being a God Tier weapon choice/Nub friendly also. Heavy bow guns, got more God tier since they got mobility with their power to kill Monsters in seconds. Bows remained the same level kinda, a slight buff that only a few people will notice. Charge blades got a "nerf" however...it was broken OP in 4U....so good, like it was able to replace hammer users, self buff, cut tails, stunlock, infinite combos, and god-points. Light bow guns, are still the sameish, pure support guns. Lance's got their same triple triple play style with a few additions.
Back to top Go down
Lostsoldier20
Raithian Hunter
Raithian Hunter

PostSubject: Re: We ready for Generations?   We ready for Generations? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 8:56 pm

Valin000 wrote:
Switch axe got more technical

Go more into this, because for me, it feels just about the same unless you go a different style.

But yeah, I've kinda been busy pouring hours into the game instead of message boarding. I'll probably be here more often though now.

SA Style impressions:
Guild, not only for SA, is the "classic" style for all weapons and gives you two skills to still be able to play around. If you're not comfortable with change immediately, you can stick to old style.

Striker:
You lose out on your super spinny axe into sword from barrage combo, but get an extra ability. Not a huge loss, but very noticeable from my rage earlier.

Aerial:
You lose your... burst...? You can still do it in the air but... That's... weird? Plus, your dodge becomes super awful to use in any way but specifically to jump up. I was going to use this at first, but the gimped roll was just... so annoying.

Adept:
Uh... No. Unless the dodge combo comes with super high damage multipliers, which it might, it just isn't worth what you're losing over guild style. Though, I didn't give it too much of a chance.

Arts:
In terms of multiplayer, SA has no party helping so far. I think arts are strictly all for you. However, I've discovered huge synergy already with the two demo arts you get. Trance Slash is pretty cool on its own. A nice good combo that is probably awful at tripping in multi.

Demon Riot, is just super amazing. Powers up your sword mode further, and removes phial drain from ALL sword attacks. Even the burst! So get full, pop Riot, you have like 4 phials worth of attacks before your sword runs out probably. Then you can combo this with Trance, which super charges the combo finisher into a HUGE explosion slash instead of a chainsaw-burst.

Overall... its more of the same for SA, except for arts being super amazing for us.

Also, agreed on LS. By the time you get yellow sword, your skill is charged, and you're granted an instant upgrade essentially.
Back to top Go down
Valin000
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: We ready for Generations?   We ready for Generations? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 9:04 pm

Get in chat box
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: We ready for Generations?   We ready for Generations? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 1:18 am

Well, fun times were had. Hope to hunt with you folks again soon.

Meanwhile, I got my Big Mac armor set finished, so I have some extra damage potential thanks to Airborne and at least enough defense to keep me from being one-shot by 3* enraged monsters...hopefully. Also been keeping several weapons upgraded as much as possible. I even made Frozen Speartuna today, although unfortunately it looks like it's still a borderline trash-tier gimmick weapon that's pretty much going to be useless outside of novelty runs against monsters extremely weak to ice.

In other news, I think I've just about got all of the ins and outs of the different GS styles memorized. Updated my previous post's notes on the Aerial style. These context-sensitive moves are really throwing me off. I'm so used to the GS doing the same exact thing all the time and being able to practice pretty much every move and combo in isolation without enemies/barrel bombs/special terrain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We ready for Generations?   We ready for Generations? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

We ready for Generations?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2