Club 1kjho
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club 1kjho's goal is to be the community driven Monster hunter content.

HomeSearchLatest imagesVideoRegisterLog inFacebook

Welcome to the new Club 1kjho! A site built on monster hunter, a community built on gaming.
The Site is Currently in the middle of a few changes, a full explanation Will come once everything is finished!
Latest topics
» Anime Watch list
2016: Anicipated Games - Page 2 Emptyby Anubis Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:18 am

» The Club1kjho Disord Server
2016: Anicipated Games - Page 2 Emptyby Valin000 Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:41 pm

» We ready for Generations?
2016: Anicipated Games - Page 2 Emptyby Anubis Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:18 am

» Monster Hunter Generations Bow review
2016: Anicipated Games - Page 2 Emptyby Valin000 Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:52 pm

» Club1kjho Community shirts comming soon #Freefor the first week
2016: Anicipated Games - Page 2 Emptyby Valin000 Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:00 pm

2016: Anicipated Games

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

2016: Anicipated Games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016: Anicipated Games   2016: Anicipated Games - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 1:20 am

Well, Mighty No. 9 is finally out...at least, on some platforms. So, I'm quite pleased to say that I spent several hours yesterday and this morning enjoying all of the nostalgia of a true classic series while playing what may very well be one of the best action platformers of the year: Kirby: Planet Robobot. Oh yeah, I also played some Mighty No. 9 for about an hour yesterday on my PS3. I'll probably wait for the Vita release to actually give it a more thorough go. It just doesn't feel like it's worth my time on my PS3, but when I have it on a portable system, I can at least pretend that I don't have anything better to play when I'm on the go long enough to get through it and maybe find something I like in it, or watch something else on TV/PC while I autopilot the game with about 5% of my attention dedicated to it.

Meh...to their credit, they did ultimately get my Mighty No. 9 order right in terms of the actual game. I received my PSN codes as chosen and the full game was (technically) playable. On a sidenote, every MN9-related download did crash the Playstation store and I had to force quit, manually restart my PS3, and sit through a corruption check for a few minutes twice. At first I thought the rumors of Wii U consoles being bricked or frozen by their MN9 downloads were just fearmongering by haters letting their anti-hype get out of hand, but given how unstable the game itself seems to be on other platforms and shops, I wouldn't be surprised if they did actually screw up the Wii U version that much.

I almost feel free of the MN9 curse, for better or worse, although I still haven't seen any word on my other physical or digital backer rewards. As for the game itself, aside from wanting to play it on my Vita, I also want to wait a bit to let the general meh of it all blow over a bit so I can give the game a chance with a bit more time in between the much-deserved hate and backlash it's receiving on release. That said, the game doesn't do well when it comes to initial impressions. It is underwhelming at the very best, and this is definitely a title that is going to have to grow on me and gradually reveal its merits for me to like it at all, if it is even capable of doing so, because it certainly doesn't deliver from the start.

In other news, I powered right through Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir. Definitely one of the best games I've played all year so far, although I'm not sure if I can really count it against other new releases since it's technically a remake.

Looking forward to TMS#FE. Censorship controversy aside, for better or worse, I am committed to giving it a chance, and I expect it to deliver in terms of gameplay if nothing else. When everything is said and done, just the fact that TMS#FE is even coming out this year pretty much completes my Wii U gaming experience as far as I'm concerned. inb4 Zelda: Meh, Zelda wasn't even on my priority list when I bought the Wii U, mainly because backlog. Back to the Wii U itself. After TMS#FE, I'll be fully satisfied with my Wii U purchase and ready for the NX. Anything else I might enjoy on the Wii U is basically just a bonus at this point.
Back to top Go down

2016: Anicipated Games
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2