Club 1kjho
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club 1kjho's goal is to be the community driven Monster hunter content.

HomeSearchLatest imagesVideoRegisterLog inFacebook

Welcome to the new Club 1kjho! A site built on monster hunter, a community built on gaming.
The Site is Currently in the middle of a few changes, a full explanation Will come once everything is finished!
Latest topics
» Anime Watch list
Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?) Emptyby Anubis Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:18 am

» The Club1kjho Disord Server
Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?) Emptyby Valin000 Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:41 pm

» We ready for Generations?
Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?) Emptyby Anubis Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:18 am

» Monster Hunter Generations Bow review
Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?) Emptyby Valin000 Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:52 pm

» Club1kjho Community shirts comming soon #Freefor the first week
Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?) Emptyby Valin000 Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:00 pm

Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?)

Go down 
+3
Xaython
Lostsoldier20
Rangeth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rangeth
Wyvern Hunter
Wyvern Hunter
Rangeth

Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?) Empty
PostSubject: Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?)   Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?) EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 10:41 pm

With the advent of this newest Monster Hunter, I'm sure there is a detail that everyone has noticed, and probably had some fun with. This is, of course, the ability to create a Palico. And what good is an awesome cat backup buddy if it doesn't have an awesome cat backup buddy name, like Charles or Mr. Prettywhisker.

So, what did you name your magnificent little felyne friend?

As for me...

I decided to take my inspiration from mythology, particularly Egyptian, and name him after the cat form of the sun god Ra. I didn't notice that it was also an Onomatopoeia until afterwards.

His name, is Mau.

Last edited by Valin000 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : By adding the word What, made this topic much more enjoyable)
Back to top Go down
Lostsoldier20
Raithian Hunter
Raithian Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?)   Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?) EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 8:50 am

I repeat the sentiments I mentioned earlier of being reminded of Overlord Mao of Disgaea.

My main Palico is Found, a play off of Lost. All of my cats are named about the same things. Map, Compass, Travel, etc.
Back to top Go down
Xaython
Fresh Blooded Hunter
Fresh Blooded Hunter
Xaython

PostSubject: Re: Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?)   Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 12:52 pm

I hadn’t noticed the resemblance to Lord Mao’s name. That’s cool. Rangeth better keep a close eye on his Hunter title though. He wouldn’t want his cat taking it.

My Palico is named Byakko, the Romanization of the Japanese name for the White Tiger of the Chinese Constellations and guardian of the west. I figured he’d end up being awesome enough to be named after the Constellational version of the King of Beasts, and so far he has not disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Raven3557
Wyvern Hunter
Wyvern Hunter
Raven3557

PostSubject: Re: Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?)   Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 1:47 pm

My palico's name is Karasu, the Japanese for Raven ^^
Back to top Go down
Valin000
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?)   Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 6:11 pm

I name all mine Valin
Back to top Go down
https://club1kjho.forumotion.net
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?)   Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 6:25 pm

I was tempted to call it "Neko (means cat)" as a shout-out to MH3U, or just Neko.

I wound up going with Morty, because death theme, and also maybe some Rick & Morty influence in the sense that I regard the Palico as a kind of ambivalently-helpful, but generally unreliable/inferior member of the party who's basically just along for the ride because of some superficial relation/common goals/general adventuring shenanigans.

Other than that, I just kinda pick random themes. I haven't made my 7 sins team yet because I'm not sure I've found Palicos that deserve the names...

Beyond that, I'll probably do some anime/video game shout-out names when naming additional pals.

Back to top Go down
Lostsoldier20
Raithian Hunter
Raithian Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?)   Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 6:26 pm

I actually really enjoy your Rick and Morty reference there.
Back to top Go down
Ragnia
Hot-blood hunter
Hot-blood hunter
Ragnia

PostSubject: Re: Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?)   Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 8:18 pm

My ace is named Cicily and the other palico I use most often is Gunther. I don't have any good reason why though, I just like the name
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?)   Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Meow do you do? My name is ______(what?)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Club 1kjho :: HUNT CLUB CAFÉ :: Game Talk :: Monster Hunter General Talk-
Jump to: