Club 1kjho
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club 1kjho's goal is to be the community driven Monster hunter content.

HomeSearchLatest imagesVideoRegisterLog inFacebook

Welcome to the new Club 1kjho! A site built on monster hunter, a community built on gaming.
The Site is Currently in the middle of a few changes, a full explanation Will come once everything is finished!
Latest topics
» Anime Watch list
Bow guide V1.0 Emptyby Anubis Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:18 am

» The Club1kjho Disord Server
Bow guide V1.0 Emptyby Valin000 Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:41 pm

» We ready for Generations?
Bow guide V1.0 Emptyby Anubis Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:18 am

» Monster Hunter Generations Bow review
Bow guide V1.0 Emptyby Valin000 Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:52 pm

» Club1kjho Community shirts comming soon #Freefor the first week
Bow guide V1.0 Emptyby Valin000 Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:00 pm

Bow guide V1.0

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Valin000
Admin
Admin

Bow guide V1.0 Empty
PostSubject: Bow guide V1.0   Bow guide V1.0 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 2:34 pm

I am doing this guide for Anubis and the many other people who are thinking of trying out gunner play-style/bows. I do recommend that if you plan to try and learn bow guns of both variety please learn bows first, it will help.

****PLEASE NOTE SOME OF THE INFO HERE IS FACT OTHER PARTS ARE MY OPINION

The first piece of information you will need to look at is, do you want to do DPS, Status, or a mix. I personally tend to go for mix, leaning towards DPS. Ill explain this later on.

Bows like GS, are dependent on charges. Average bows have 3 charges, first charge is 40% damage, second charge is 100%, and third is 150%. If you have a skill to unlock a extra charge you can get a 4th charge that does 170% damage.

Every weapon has a Arc shot(also know as alternate fire method). While each bow has many different types you must consider, You have Arc (Wide/Focus/Blast) versus Power shot. All 3 Arc when you hit the alt fire button you shoot the arrow in the air raining a hail of arrows on the monster. The distance is dependent on how many charges you have made on your bow.

Power shot most seasoned bow players will say this, if a bow doesn't have power-shot its a bad bow. With power-shot you can DOUBLE the speed at which you do damage. To best use this and obtain that double dps  after firing your normal shot immediately hit the alternate fire button. The powershot will always be current charge + 1 charge level, never going past your highest available charge. (a level 3 charge + a power shot will fire a second level 3 charge, a level 2 charge + a power shot will fire a level 3 charge)

****DO NOT POST YET****
Back to top Go down
https://club1kjho.forumotion.net
Valin000
Admin
Admin

Bow guide V1.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow guide V1.0   Bow guide V1.0 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 2:52 pm

Coatings The more coatings available to your bow, the more versatile your bow is. There is a coating for every status element in the game, and also, power, close range, and paint coatings. Powershot + c.range give you + 50% damage bonus which is stack-able with every other buff. Close range like the name says for it to be applies you need to be no more then 1 back-hop away.

There are 3 different Arrow types, rapid, pierce and spread. Visually rapid and spread look similar, rapid is a vertical spread of 1-4 arrows, best used against small monsters or breaking parts. Spread fires 3-5 arrows in a horizontal manner. Good for fighting constantly moving monsters or multiple monsters at once. Pierce fires 1 arrow however at each charge level a pierce arrow can hit a monster for 3-6 times. This is the hardest arrow to get use to and is best to be used against large monsters.

****Do not post yet****
Back to top Go down
Valin000
Admin
Admin

Bow guide V1.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow guide V1.0   Bow guide V1.0 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 3:19 pm

Every weapon in Monster Hunter has a element/status (it may only be unlocked with free element however), bows are no exception to this. This next part is opinion and is my though on all weapons when picking a weapon go for one with a element, or if our using free element go with a element type weapon. Reasoning for this is because (especially for bows) is once you apply a status on a monster they grow more resistant to that status. Some monsters can get up to a 90% resistance, which is a HUGE loss in damage potential. This being said make sure to have more then 1 type of weapon element weapons so you are not using a element a monster is resistant to. For bows specifically having coatings to do status elements + a status bow is redundant.

Bows have a Effective range which is around 2-4 backhops(a backhop distance is the distance you evade with the bow while not hitting a directional button). While fighting a Rathalos and shooting his body from the sides for spread/rapid you should be under his wing, and for pierce you should still be at the edge of his wing. You can tell your at the effective range if your screen shakes abit when you hit the monster, also you lose 50% damage if your so far away your arrow begins to decend

Useful skills for bows(not counting Silver bullet and Attack up)
Focus Charging attack will become faster with normal stamina consumption.
Runner Running/Charging will consume less stamina.
Constitution Rolling/Backhopping/Evading will consume less stamina.
Evade Evade +1 slightly increases invulnerability time during evasion, +2 increases that further. (Back hopping,side stepping,rolling, etc.)
Evade Dist Makes you roll further than normal.
Bullet Limit Mixing will always result a maximum shot/coating.
Capacity Up Adds one more level of bow's charge attack.
Guts With HP < 60 points, you can survive any large attack with HP 1 point left.

Ill briefly explain how I use a bow,
I draw my weapon, charge until the highest level, let go of the charge then press the Melee button after i let go of the arrows to do the power shot. (For me that means draw my weapon with X, charge shot with R, and when i let go of the arrow hit A right away). I keep my bow drawn and roll away of backhop to evade. Before i enter the area with the monster i put a coating on my arrows. For me personally i tend to use all my status coatings first then use a power coating.

For skills i always aim for focus and capacity up, if the bow doesn't have powershot, Power coatings and atleast either paralyze or poison coatings for me the bow is not usable. Also Sleep coatings i never use in a random party due to lack of communication and putting the monster to sleep is just a waste of time.
****OK POSTS ENABLED NOW****
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

Bow guide V1.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow guide V1.0   Bow guide V1.0 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 4:53 am

Thanks for posting this. Plenty of points for me to keep in mind when/if I get around to trying out the bow with one of my characters.
Back to top Go down
Lostsoldier20
Raithian Hunter
Raithian Hunter

Bow guide V1.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow guide V1.0   Bow guide V1.0 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 9:47 am

Now that I'm pretty sure I lost my ability to HH, I may pick up bow for support-like purposes.
Back to top Go down
Valin000
Admin
Admin

Bow guide V1.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow guide V1.0   Bow guide V1.0 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 2:50 pm

yea, begin with the gore, or rathalos bow

Also fast charge is nice but barley noticable, go for Capacity Up to gain that 170% damage buff, with attack XL or expert, and win
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bow guide V1.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow guide V1.0   Bow guide V1.0 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bow guide V1.0
Page 1 of 1