Club 1kjho
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club 1kjho's goal is to be the community driven Monster hunter content.

HomeSearchLatest imagesVideoRegisterLog inFacebook

Welcome to the new Club 1kjho! A site built on monster hunter, a community built on gaming.
The Site is Currently in the middle of a few changes, a full explanation Will come once everything is finished!
Latest topics
» Anime Watch list
Introduction Emptyby Anubis Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:18 am

» The Club1kjho Disord Server
Introduction Emptyby Valin000 Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:41 pm

» We ready for Generations?
Introduction Emptyby Anubis Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:18 am

» Monster Hunter Generations Bow review
Introduction Emptyby Valin000 Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:52 pm

» Club1kjho Community shirts comming soon #Freefor the first week
Introduction Emptyby Valin000 Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:00 pm

Introduction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Introduction   Introduction EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 8:06 am

Or is it Introduction U? Introduction Mk II? Introduction HD? *New* Introduction XL?

In any case - obligatory intro post.

I am Anubis, also known in some places as Anubis_Drac, or similarly Draconian Anubis.

As of MH4U [3DS], I still main GS.

Other than MH, I mostly play RPGs, although I enjoy plenty of other genres.

The previous club1kjho site was great while it lasted. Looking forward to the club and community getting bigger and better, especially while the new MH is in its prime.

Back to top Go down
Lostsoldier20
Raithian Hunter
Raithian Hunter

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 11:42 am

Monster Introducer 4U.

If I only learned one thing in those 2000 posts on 1kjho, it's our similar tastes in games. (Speaking of, how about dat Order 1886)

Either way, I hope this community booms again, too. Gonna try advertising in random hunts every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 11:55 pm

Indeed. Hopefully FE 2015 will have some online support. It's a real pity that there aren't more multiplayer opportunities among the titles the community does have in common. That reminds me - at some point, I need to get around to actually investing some time in SSBU.

As for the Order 1886 - if I had a PS4, it would have been on pre-order and be bought and paid for by now, despite the fact that the game can apparently be blitzed/speedrun in 5 hours, and rumors that the campaign is basically a 5-10 hour deal for the average player. Actually, tbh, while I hardly intend to make a habit of shelling out $60 for a 5-10 hour game on a regular basis, considering my schedule and other gaming options, I'd be more than happy to spend $60 on a good, 5-10 hour core game experience, especially if it has some replayability.

But meh...I'm still waiting on a well-priced PS4. There have been a few deals that I almost went for. There was a pretty sweet PS4 bundle a while ago on amazon going for $400 that came with a download code for The Last of Us Remastered and a physical copy of Shadow of Mordor - and at the time, both games were going for $30 on sale individually, so you could argue that the bundle brought the pricepoint of the PS4 down to $340. But ever since the Black Friday and the incredibly short-lived Christmas deals that had PS4s selling for $330, the idea of buying a PS4 or a bundle that values the PS4 proportion higher than $330 is just a bit too disagreeable to me. That Shadow of Mordor bundle was pretty tempting though, but I would still say the best value I've seen so far on a PS4 is probably that wicked amazon bundle they had for a PS4+Playstation Eye+2 games for $400. I'm starting to think it'll be a while before I see anything near that value again - even though the selection of games was actually pretty limited, and it basically would have been The Last of Us Remastered and Destiny if I had bought it.

On the flipside...who knows...maybe, just maybe, we'll see a special edition Persona 5 PS4 (oh **** - imagine if they used the stylized P5 logo for the 'PS' part on at least part of the console and just slapped a PS4-font '4' after it - hybrid logo with Sony and Persona style ftw - also they could do some wicked stuff with console texture/design. Imagine the flames/shadow smirk from the end of the trailer being an impression on the console...). Or something... Meh...in any case, I have no real regrets about not owning a PS4 yet, although there are a few titles I would like to play...before next semester at least.
Back to top Go down
Lostsoldier20
Raithian Hunter
Raithian Hunter

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 10:32 am

Typical Anubis, writing an essay in an intro topic. And yeah, a lot of the titles have ended up being RPGs though, as the RPG topic pretty much shows. So that's the entire reason, nearly. X is going to have some multiplayer at least.

I hardly call multiple deaths, and little exploring for pointless collectibles as "blitzing." And apparently the final boss is just a literal re-skin of an earlier boss fight. A completionist seems like they'd get more time out of it, but the story lacks and is pointless.

Yeah, I'm surprised we haven't seen a big drop in price yet, considering. The bundles you found do look to be good deals, but I'd never go for it. Too much for too little, especially with MH out now. It's just a bit pointless. Though a Persona 5 one might be something to push me into getting one if I really really had to get one... Because let's face it, Persona 5. What else do we need? (besides MH)
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Club 1k Community Leader
Club 1k Community Leader
Anubis

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 8:53 pm

Yeah. RPGs be RPGs. Heh - I almost wonder if I missed out on some really fun times by not playing FFXIV. Newts was playing it a lot last year.

Lol - little exploring for collectibles is pretty much a standard component of blitzing, and multiple deaths is a reasonably expected consequence of blitzing...so actually...yeah, I'd still say blitzing. On the flipside, if you mean that it may only be blitzing in the sense that it is more or less all you can do for the game's lack of freedom, then meh - from what I've heard/seen that may be fair enough considering where you're coming from. In any case, I'd still like to play The Order 1886 at some point for myself.

I got a few chuckles out of reading the IGN review though. It was basically, The Order 1886: 6.5 - Too much polish.

On a meta-critical note, I will say this much: From what I have seen, heard, and read about The Order, I think it is getting bashed more for its pricepoint and suffering the backlash of marketing hype more so than it is taking a hit for what it is, in and of itself, as a game. I think the irony of The Order is that it basically seems to be floundering/poorly received because it is a AAA game for $60. Let's be honest - if The Order had a price in the $20-$30 range and/or came from an ~indie game dev/producer~, people would be singing a much different tune. At the very least, I've seen reviewers and players overlook similar and even worse flaws and praise even more limited and short experiences than The Order, so meh...I still say there isn't much to go on beyond playing the game for myself at some point, because I'm still not convinced anyone is up to the task of really informing me one way or another on whether The Order is worth the purchase for me.

I would like to see/hear Yahtzee tear the game to shreds though.

Yeah, the lack of a PS4 price drop is kinda annoying...even more so because the longer they go without an official price drop, the more it sort of seems like a PS4 slim is in the works, and the market is just trying to keep the value of the vanilla up as long as they can before it takes the obligatory/inevitable price drop when/if they introduce a product similar enough for it to be considered inferior.

tbh, as long as the price value gets back to or below that $330 threshold, I'd see that as reasonable at this point. Heck, if they released a bundle for $400 with, say, 1 year subscription code to PS+ and $50 PSN store credit code, I'd probably buy it. Something like that would also be great for Sony, because of course, the actual cost to them of "bundling" digital products is practically nothing, but the customer still gets plenty of value.

But meeeehhhh....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduction
Page 1 of 1